"Whenever you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em,
'Certainly I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do it."
New Art Class Schedule for A Work of Art Studio
all in one place for your convenience!
RSVP today to reserve your seat either by dropping your
$10.- deposit at the studio or $10.60 with PayPal at
- 1/22 Pottery Painting: 6-9pm. $15.-Choose a piece of bisque ware to paint. includes all glazes and firing; additional cost is piece you choose to paint.
- 1/24 Sewing Saturday: 11-4pm. $10.-Bring a sewing project to finish (with help from talented seamstresses) or make project of the month (jeans apron). Bring your own materials and machine. (We have a few machines, first come RSVP). May also bring snack and beverage (Potluck, baby!)
- 1/24 Life Expressions Sign Painting: 1-3pm.$15.- per sign. Create a make-n-take sign & find out what Life Expressions is all about!
- 1/29 Arm Knitting: 6-9p $10.-Learn how to arm knit a cowl. Bring 2 skeins size 6/super bulky yarn, approximately 100 yards each color. (Lion Brand Yarn Wool Ease Thick & Quick).
- 1/31 Homemade Laundry Soap: 11-1pm $10.- if bring own materials (Box of Borax, box Washing Soda, one bar of Fels Naptha or Dr. Bronner’s Pure Castille soap) or $20 if you use ours. Learn to make your own laundry soap. Bring a grater & 2 large closable containers. Rest of materials included. Will leave with a small batch of powder & liquid & recipe to make @ home.
- 2/5 & 2/12 Crocheted Slouch Hat & Infinity Scarf: 6-9pm. $20.- Bring 2 skeins of yarn with 5 & 6 hooks and learn to crochet a slouch hat & infinity scarf over 2 Thursday nights.
- 2/7 Wire & Cement Sculpture Workshop: 11-4pm. $60.- Make a basic sculpture wire frame & harden it with plaster gauze. Materials included. (Finish up cement on a studio night Tuesday or Thursday).
- 2/10 Peg Loom Weaving: 6-9pm. $25.-Learn to weave a scarf with a peg loom! We have yarn & torn fabrics to choose from or bring your own varied materials. The looms will be available to use or purchase.
- 2/10 Acrylic Painting: 6-9pm. $20.- Learn different techniques with acrylic paint on canvas.
- 2/17 Pottery Painting: 6-9pm. $15.-Choose a piece of bisque ware to paint. includes all glazes and firing; additional cost is piece you choose to paint.
- 2/19 Mixed Media Clock Class: 6-9pm. $25.- Make a clock from a background that you design with studio varied materials.
- 2/21 Studio Saturday: Learn a Granny Square: 1-3pm. $5.- Bring your own crochet hook and yarn and learn a new granny square every third Saturday!
- 2/26 Primitive Rug Hooking: 6-9pm, $45.-Rug hooking is both an art & a craft where rugs are made by pulling loops of yarn or fabric through burlap. All materials included. Bring a 12” or 14” quilting hoop.
- 2/28 Sewing Saturday: 11-4pm. $10.-Bring a sewing project to finish (with help from talented seamstresses) or make project of the month (neck roll pillow). Bring your own materials and machine. (We have a few machines, first come RSVP). May also bring snack and beverage (Potluck, baby!)
- 3/5 Silk Scarves: 6-9pm. $20.- Make your own beautiful silk scarf with Sharpie pens! All materials included
- 3/7 Soap Making Class-: 1-3 pm. $35.-all materials included. Limited to 6 students, RSVP required by pre-payment. Learn the basics of lye soap making along with a bit of history of the craft by making about 2 pounds of soap. First week make and pour soap, second visit (to be determined) we will cut, finish and then let it finish curing (final curing about a month). We will use goat's milk or green tea for the base with the lye! RSVP by pre-payment.
- 3/10 Painted Walking Sticks: 6-9pm. $15.-Make a decorated walking stick to get ready for Spring weather hiking! Bring a stick or pick one at the studio to decorate. All materials included.
- 3/19 Beginning Quilting 9 Patch Table Topper: 6-9pm. $35.-Learn the basics of quilting with a pattern. An excellent beginners class (with some basic sewing skills experience). All materials included.
- 3/24 Macrame’ Bracelets: 6-9pm. $15.- Learn the awesome ways to create knotted and beaded macrame’ bracelets. All materials included.
- 3/28 Sewing Saturday: Hobo Bag Class-: 11-4pm. $10.-
Handmade hobo bags class. We have the machines, you bring 2 yards of fabric and
matching thread. You will learn and leave with your very own stylized bag!
- A Work of Art Studio Nights- every Tuesday & Thursday. 6-9pm. $2.50 per night or $15.- month. Having trouble finishing existing projects? Come work and get support from fellow artists any Tuesday or Thursday night from 6-9 pm. No RSVP necessary unless needing individual design advice.
- Lakeview Makers Group: Computers, Programming, Electronics, Robotics, CNC Cad-Cam- Studio time Tuesdays and Thursdays 3-7pm. 6th grade - 110 years old, younger with parent. Working with electronic components and creating projects from and learning to program them. By donation (small fee for circuit boards). Upstairs at A Work of Art Studio.
We are never too old to learn something new! Come and take an art class today!